Τετάρτη 26 Μαΐου 2010

Aeronwy Thomas, "Turning the ghost"


TURNING THE GHOST

A dark lake, more of a pond really

centre stage.

Phantoms enter

and exit.

I am the only flesh and blood

the only white and pink

in this grey scene.


There’s a hint of malice,

a spasm of the waters.

Walking towards the ghost is fear

lifting my head to observe his face,

turning his body of smoke,

face of the Devil, not so bad,

not so bad.


I walk over the edge of my dream.

backstage

my own face greets me

in the morning mirror.


AERONWY THOMAS (1943-2009)


Source: Imagespoetry’s: Artists and poets can experiment moments of “cross fertilization”

http://imagespoetry.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/dynamic-gesturing-face-painting-by-petros-golitsis-thessaloniki-greece/

Aeronwy Bryn Thomas-Ellis (3 March 1943 – 27 July 2009)translator of Italian poetry, was the second child and only daughter of the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas and his wife, Caitlin Macnamara.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeronwy_Thomas

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου